EMBODY FREEDOM is an invitation to enlighten, empower and expand our moment to moment experience of being alive.
The focus of the Embody Freedom inquiry & practice is an embodied recognition of our innate, childlike, wise-hearted, ever-accessible freedom. We do this by repeatedly touching into our own version of HEART-FULL PRESENCE while full heartedly playing in the realms of CONNECTION, WONDER & SURRENDER. For support, we draw from the rich & varied traditions of contemplative practice, authentic movement, conscious dance, laughter-yoga, improvisation, reflective inquiry & creative play.
Embody Freedom has five primary expressions:
- Embody Freedom Practice (EFP)
- Embody Freedom 1-to-1
- Embody Freedom Dance (EF Dance)
- Embody Freedom: “Inside”
- Sangha at the Farm
While all five expressions differ significantly in context, scope and form, they all share the following core characteristics:
- Require great ALLOWING, rather than great effort;
- Include the full spectrum of BEING HUMAN;
- Are rooted in ordinary (extraordinary) ALIVENESS, rather than spiritual solemnity, complexity or otherworldliness; and
- Recognize with EASE both our own singular brilliance as well as the individual and collective BRILLIANCE of others / life itself.
Embody Freedom points us to a way of experiencing life that includes and transcends conditions and circumstances. One of these Embody Freedom laboratories / training grounds takes place BEHIND BARS where freedom is not “just another word.” Yet no matter what presently binds us– whether literal handcuffs or our own perceived heart/mind/life cuffs– we can choose (again and again) to lean into that which is already RELAXED, OPEN & FREE.